4.24.2010

One Hundred Fourteen


04.24.10, originally uploaded by kyria!.
I usually don't take pictures of food, because it almost never turns out very good. We ate in a corner with windows and the light was good, so I took this and it turned out okay. And the desert was not bad either!

Also, I am STILL figuring out the White Balance (thanks Becky for the tips) but what a pain!! I change it, then I go outside and forget to change it back. As you can see from above. Top photo - incandescent, bottom photo - cloudy. It's a never ending camera adjustment!! So, this is an example of me forgetting to change the WB. Also, PS, I took about 50 pictures outside with my ISO turned WAY up. They are all very washed out. Crap! Oh well, I am learning!

2 comments:

  1. oh i feel your pain! i regularly forget to reset my settings, and then curse the darkness (or the light, depending.)

    but i bet that dessert made you feel all better! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am LOVING the dessert picture! Great composition!

    As for WB, the trick I learned about that is this: there are some settings on your WB that don't really make much difference in the colors vs the auto mode. So, I only change my WB in those situations. For example, my camera makes colors under florescent and tungsten light better, but not under shady or cloudy. So, try playing around with each setting (take the same picture with each WB to see which makes a difference or not) and then decide if you need to change it all the time or not. It makes it easier not to forget, because that is frustrating when you're in a moment where timing is everything. Good luck!

    Oh...and thanks for your comments about my portfolio pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment. Good or bad, it is nice to know what everyone thinks. And thanks for following and commenting -- you guys really make my day!