1.24.2010

Twenty-Four


01.24.10
Originally uploaded by kyria!

I almost didn't make it outside today. Its my only day off and I really just wanted to stay in my pjs, drink coffee and watch the travel channel. However, it is a rare day here - it is NOT humid, the sun is shining and the pavement is just waiting to be hit. So I hit it.

I sometimes forget that it is almost Mardi Gras (its Feb 16th) There are beads and banners here year round, but people are going all out now. The parades have already started -- but they will really get going. Every weekend from now until Mardi Gras will be a fiesta. Or I guess a "fete" if we are speaking French.

This photo was taken on Josephine St, right down the street from my house. The beads, as useless as they really are, are full of sparkle and color and so this fence caught my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Good or bad, it is nice to know what everyone thinks. And thanks for following and commenting -- you guys really make my day!